Thursday, November 15, 2007

"THE GREAT DEBATERS"

.
Everybody Who Saw "American Gangster" Had Better Go See THIS MOVIE Twice: The Great Debaters

Tell me why I have heard that they are making Confessions of a Video
Vixen into a movie and didn't know about THIS movie about a Black college debate team?
A movie about Black folks that ain't singing dancing or shooting or talking about how we all suck...
and they're in COLLEGE too.
It's about a professor not a gangster? GASP. Tis' not possible!
The people promoting this movie are doing way past poor.
They need to call Tyler Perry about promoting a movie.
The film is called "The Great Debaters":
A drama based on the true story of Melvin B. Tolson, a professor at Wiley College Texas.
In 1935, he inspired students to form the school's first debate team, which went on to challenge Harvard in the national championship. SOURCE
Everybody who went to see American Gangster and Why Did I Get Married had better go see this one TWICE.
Apparently Denzel Washington can still bring the sexy even when he isn't playing a murderous drug dealing gangster.
To the marketing team for this movie, throwing the cast on the Oprah show the week before the movie premiers does not qualify as marketing.
Bring your "A" game with this one. If you don't know how, email me, I'll tell you.
The: OFFICIAL MOVIE WEBSITE.Shecodes, since Jay - Z put out an album to coincide with the release of "American Gangster", I say we put out a single online to coincide with the release of "The Great Debaters.
" You lay down the track and I'll do the lyrics. I'm serious.
I think folks would pay $0.99 to hear the crazy cat lady from What About Our Daughters? rap or MC.