Thursday, December 13, 2007

This is the season

This is the season when millions of people around the world pause for another (perhaps a closer) look at the "babe in the manger" - "the Christ-child." Most are familiar with the Christmas story found in the NT book of Matthew, but there's another, more complete picture of this perfect gift from God, found in the NT book of Phillipians, Chapter 2, kind of a "rest of the story" thing."It seems appropriate to consider it, at a time when this ol' world is steeped in chaos and uncertainties of all kinds.
"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus, who, being in very nature and essence, God, didn't consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness (the Nativity). And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross. Therefore God exhaulted him to the highest place and gave him a name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Furthermore, no matter how many promises God has made, they are all "Yes" and "Amen" in Christ, to the glory of God . (NT 1 Cor. 1:20). Not only was Jesus THE gift, but in knowing Him, we receive wonderful gifts, from him, as well. (See below). I hope you will be as encouraged by them as we were. Lyle & Vera Loughry



THE BELL
We KNOW WHO We Are
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15 )
I am united with the Lord(1 Cor. 6:17 )
I am bought with a price(1 Cor. 6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ. (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth ( Matt.5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ(1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation ( Rom. 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant ( Phil.3:20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31 -34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God(2 Cor.5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph. 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God( Rom.8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor.1:21-22)
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8: 28)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16 )
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12 )
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-6)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16 ). I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3). I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor.. 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1). I am God's workmanship(Eph. 2:10 )
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected. (Phil 1: 5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven(Col.1:14).
I have been adopted as God's child(Eph 1:5)
We belong to God
Do you know who you are?
Keep this bell ringing...pass it on.

The LORD bless you and keep you, now and forever more;
the LORD make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you during this wondrous season;
the LORD turn His face toward you
and give you peace in this chaotic and uncertain world.